3:18 PM Nick Purcell , 2 Comments
What is Swagbucks?I found an awesome website a couple weeks ago called Swagbucks. If you've never heard of Swagbucks before then I'll tell you all about it. Swagbucks is a search engine powered by Google, but when you search you could possibly win a swagbuck. This swagbuck could be in 1,2,3,4,5,10,20,50,100 intervals. Friday's are mega swagbucks days where the chance of getting 3 or more Swagbucks in one search is increased. When you get enough swagbucks you can redeem them for prizes. The prizes go from songs and wallpapers to video game systems and other electronics.
How I've done
I have been a member of Swagbucks since August 2009. I basically only go for Amazon Gift Cards in the Swagstore. $5 Amazon Gift Cards cost 45 Swagbucks in the Swagstore. As of February 15, 2010 I have $35 on Amazon from Swagbucks. I have 11 referrals(People I brought to the site), which is the best way to make Swagbucks. To learn more about referrals go to my Referral Guide. I know a bunch of people who have made hundreds of Amazon Gift Cards.
Starting Tips1. Make swagbucks your primary search engine. This will make it so if you are searching something for school and your not even thinking about swagbucks you still might win.
2. Get the new toolbar. Swagbucks just introduced a new toolbar that gives you many features. The newest feature is you can get swag codes(codes that you put into the site to get another few Swagbucks) from the toolbar.
3. Follow Swagbucks on Twitter, Facebook, and Flickr. This really is just a way to keep up with the site in an easier way. These sites will help you keep on top of contests and swag codes.
4. Refer your friends. This is probably the best way to get Swagbucks. When you get someone to come using your link when they get a swagbuck for searching you do too. You'll keep getting those swagbucks up until they have 100. To learn more look at my Referral Guide.
5. Widget. The widget, aka Swidget, has a button on it to keep you up to date if there is a code on it. Put it on your myspace profile or somewhere you will be able to look at it.
Ways To Earn
1. Search. This is the way to start getting your first swagbucks. Search a few times in the morning and night. This should give you at least two swagbucks. Do not search a bunch of times really fast, Swagbucks catches on quick and you won't win like any swagbucks.
2. Shop online. Go to the Shop and Earn part of Swagbucks and look through the stores. Use Swagbucks link to the store and for every $5 you spend you get a swagbuck. I have only done this for Itunes and got a few swagbucks. It's a great feature.
3. Sign up for the Newsletter. Look at the left column on the homepage and look at the third to last choice. It says Sign up for the Newsletter. Click it and put in your email address. Once a month they send out a newsletter with their new features and it always includes a Swagcode.
4. Special Offers. Honestly I don't know much about them but I have heard a lot about them not working. So you can give them a try then tell me how well they work out.
5. Trade-ins. You can trade in old cell phones or video games to get a few swagbucks. I have never done this but I might in time.
6. Make a unboxing video or send in a picture of you with what you got from swagbucks. This gives you a swagbuck. Send in the picture or video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Swagbucks is a great way to make a little extra money on the side. It takes a while to start earning a lot of swagbucks. But if you keep at it you can make a ton of money. To join click on any of the Swagbucks banners on this post. It goes right to the sign up page. Put in your information and then you are in. Using the banner makes you my referral, which means that for every swagbuck you make by searching I make one too. So I thank you for that. Now its time for you to start earning swagbucks. Good luck. Comment this post with any questions, your progress, or anything you want to say. I will be sure to answer.